|Bingham||9th Sep Bottesford (1900)|
|Mansfield||23rd Sep Mansfield (1900)|
|Newark||16th Sep Mini Outing|
|North Notts||11th Sep Babworth (1930)|
|Nottingham||9th Sep Arnold (1630)|
|South Notts||27th Sep Thrumpton (1930)|
|Midweek Meetings||19th Sep|
|Guild||5th Sep Southwell (1930) 12-bell practice|
7 Aug 2017
24 Jul 2017
6 Jul 2017
22 Jun 2017
6 Jun 2017
6 Jun 2017
31 May 2017
25 May 2017
20 May 2017
17 May 2017
the Southwell and Nottingham Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers
The Guild was created when the old Midland Counties Association and the North Nottinghamshire Association came to an end on the 31st December 1945. The old Midland Counties Association had covered a huge area including part of Staffordshire and the Dioceses of Derby, Leicester and Southwell. This new Guild which covered the whole of Nottinghamshire was called the Southwell Diocesan Guild of Change Ringers. At the end of the first year of operation the Annual Report recorded 213 ringing members which included 46 new members.
In 1959 the importance of less experienced ringers, who rang regularly for Sunday service but hitherto were not qualified for membership of the Guild, was recognised by changing the name of the Guild from the Southwell Diocesan Guild of Change Ringers to the Southwell Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers.
The Diocese of Southwell changed its name to The Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham at the end of 2005. At the Guild AGM in 2008 a motion to change the Guild's name to reflect the current name of the diocese and to continue the diocesan link was finally passed.
Today, ringing is based on six districts - Bingham, Mansfield, Newark, North Notts., Nottingham and South Notts. - each with its own District Officers who facilitate the successful running of the district. The 2016 Annual Report records a membership of 635.
Objects of the Guild
It shall aim to be of service to the Church in the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham by:-
If you have any comments about the page, corrections or amendments, please